17. August 2012 18:08by jphellemons
in BlogEngine.NET, Blog
My blog was offline a few days ago. The IIS application pool stopped. To investigate if it had something to do with my BlogEngine installation, I wanted to install Elmah. That was an easy one. Here is how I did it in just a few steps: - download your current BlogEngine installation from the remote webserver - Open it with Visual Studio (open website) - Run it with Visual Studio to make sure that there are no build errors - Right click on the solution: - Select manage NuGet Packages - Search for Elmah - Hit install - Edit the web.config, add <authorization>
<location path="elmah.axd" inheritInChildApplications="false">
the allow remote access to true.
- Save and upload the new web.config, and upload and overwrite the files from the bin folder.
Only logged in administrators now have access to yourdomain.com/elmah.axd
Google Penguin affected my visitors. More detail in this blogpost with Google Analytics screenshots as prove [More]
The BlogEngine team has released BlogEngine 2.5 last 27th of June. I postponed it for a while but you have to keep your Online Software up to date! So I decided to give it a try. The migration from 1.x to 2.0 was almost painless, so moving to 2.5 should work out fine too. My installation as no database, but stores stuff in the App_Data folder. I followed this guide: http://blogengine.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Upgrading%20to%20BlogEngine.NET%202.5
my 8 easy steps: (maybe you only need 4) More...
14. June 2010 21:16by JP Hellemons
in BlogEngine.NET, C#
As a big fan of beer (and coffee) and BlogEngine.net, I decided to combine these two things and write a simple widget. You probably know the ‘buy me a beer’ feature from Wordpress but there is none for BlogEngine.net. My version is very simple and have almost no features but it saves you a couple of minutes making your own ‘buy me a beer’-link. The image is stored in the ‘pics’ directory and is borrowed from a website I can’t remember. The archive can be downloaded here » bmab-widget.zip (9.81 kb) and suggestions are always welcome!
I just recently installed DasBlog, the wel known .net open source blog engine. to get it up and running i had to manually edit some *.config files and disable tracing and the trustlevel should not exist in the web.config file, because i have a shared hosting environment.
I really liked dasblog a lot, but i wanted to try out blogengine.net because i heared a lot about it. So I installed it today and guess what... you don't have to edit any config files. The only thing I had to do was to make sure that the app_data dir was writable. the rest is all configured through the webapplication itself! adding a theme was really easy, just decompress the theme and move the folder by ftp to the themes dir and select it in the dropdown. that's all. DasBlog has more theme's packed by default, but BlogEngine made it really easy to add new theme's. More...